“If you can laugh together, you can work together” – Robert Orben
On-site workshops and training programs
A range of training programs have been developed by Sydney Laughter to improve the wellbeing of individuals and the overall operational effectiveness of the workplace.
All programs can be packaged to suit the needs of particular workplaces and program content can be tailored to specific outcomes and goals.
30 minute laughter yoga session
A laughter yoga session includes a combination of the following exercises:
* Gentle stretching exercises
* Clapping exercises
* Playful laughter exercises that reduce inhibitions and shyness and convert simulated laughter into natural, spontaneous laughter
* Deep breathing exercises that help participants regain breath after hearty laughter
Laughter yoga is suitable for all fitness levels and can even be done seated. This workshop is suitable for anywhere from 8 to several hundred people.
60 minute laughter yoga workshop
The 60 minute laughter yoga workshop is the same as the 30 minute session however it may also include the following:
- Laughter meditation, which involves closing the eyes and allowing spontaneous laughter to flow from the body.
- Sessions are closed with a guided relaxation, also called Yoga Nidra or yogic sleep (this requires a space for people to lie down on the floor).
2 hour laughter yoga and wellness workshop
This workshop includes an introduction to laughter yoga and overview of the health benefits of laughter, followed by a simple meditation. The program also includes two laughter yoga sessions, a facilitated discussion around laughter and happiness, and closes with a deep relaxation session.
60 minute stress management workshop
This workshop includes background information on stress and its negative effects, worksheets that participants fill out, helping them to identify their stressors, facilitated discussion around stress and identifying well-being strategies. Participants commit to implementing goals in the next week and month relevant to what has been identified.
In this seminar we discuss practical strategies for what you can do to avoid stress in the workplace.
After attending this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify what they can control in a negative/stressful situation (reducing stress in their environment)
- Feel that they have more control over their wellbeing (increasing employee initiative and stress free attitudes in the workplace)
- Be aware of the tools that they need to achieve work/life balance (reducing anxiety)
- Manage their time better-both at home and in the workplace (more productive)
- Understand the importance of applying stress management skills to sustain productivity, mental clarity, vitality and morale in the workplace
- Develop essential skills in identifying stress and understanding their personal limits
- Develop skills in relaxation, time management, conflict resolution and relationship building.
60 minute work-life balance workshop
When life is overwhelmingly busy, it’s all too easy to become “off balance,” not paying enough attention to all the important areas of one’s life. While individuals need to have drive and focus to get things done, taking this too far can lead to frustration and intense stress. That’s when it’s time to take a “helicopter view” of life, so that things can be brought back into balance.
This is where the ‘Wheel of Life’ exercise can help. Commonly used by professional coaches, it helps participants consider each area of their life in turn and assess what’s off balance. And so, it helps them identify areas that need more attention.
This workshop includes the ‘Wheel of Life’ worksheet that participants fill out identifying how satisfied they are with each different area of their life, facilitated discussion around the results of filling out the worksheet, and a commitment to implementing goals in the next week & month relevant to what was identified during the exercise.
30 minute relaxation techniques workshop
This workshop includes an introduction to meditation techniques, deep breathing exercises, and the scientific benefits of mindfulness are explained.